View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
All depends if you want to burn a year on his contract with only a 48 game season, or save it for a 82 game season. While some may be interested in doing it if he is doing good, others wouldn't (such as myself). IMO take the Scheifele approach and if he is doing good send him down and bring him in next season. But in the end its MT and MB who decide, and could very well just keep him around if he starts lighting things up
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
In the amount of games he should have in the majors? As in 5 to 10 games? Highly doubtful. But even if he did...how many times have we seen someone just start lighting up the net in the first month of the year and just disappear for the rest of the season? Pretty much every year. I rather have him develop properly in the minors. It's not as if the team is going anywhere this year. If the team isn't going anywhere far this year why rush him?

My personal choice is to send him back to Sarnia to play out the year as the go to guy. But I am sure the coaching staff in Montreal knows better than any of us. If they feel he belongs, and it is better for his development, they'd do it. And if that is the case and he does very well, why not trade someone to make the space for him?