Old
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Let me preface this by saying I do not agree with how Holland has constructed this roster. But it seems like Holland is more worried about overall depth and has been since 2009 when he sent down Helm, Leino and Ericsson. Holland believes that if he doesn't sign the Bertuzzi's and Samuelsson's while keeping Nyquist and Tatar in the minors that he runs the risk of having an injury and not having a suitable replacement available.

But Holland is way behind the times here and I believe it's all on Holland - Babcock wants these guys up but he's got the 35+ club as his only real choice. No other team is doing this, every other team is getting the most out of their kids contractually and skill wise. Philly plays 18 year olds and so does Pittsburgh. Holland's system was great pre-cap - not so much anymore.
agree or disagree with Holland doing it, I think that's most likely Holland's line of thinking. And I think it's behind the times a bit, too.

I'm wondering where Nill is falling in this argument. We know where Babcock stands from the occasional comment he drops. We know where Holland stands because of how the team is shaped. Nill flies under the radar, though. If Nill vocally sides with Babcock, I'm not sure what drives Holland to disagree with both of them. If he throws his support the other way, we have to wonder if anything would change under either of them. Or Nill keeps quiet, not wanting to rock the boat - which might be the option I'm the least fan of.