View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I just can't agree with that; I'd rather they stay in Grand Rapids, dominate on a 1st line, and have a good shot at going deep into the playoffs than have them get beat up on and potentially lose confidence in Detroit.
I don't think you can shelter your prospects forever (well, it's possible that KH feels differently, but anyway...). They have years of productive experience in the AHL, are familiar with the expectations for Wings players, and skating circles around AHL competition while waiting for their chance to move up.

Plenty of smaller players have success in the league (Marty St Louis comes to mind) and there a lot of smaller young guys who are playing important minutes for their teams now (Eberle and Hagelin). The Wings have elite talent that Nyquist and Tatar could learn from this year, and tbh, if a rough year for the Wings shattered their development as players, I wouldn't want them on the team anyway.

Better to find out what the Wings have in these guys, as they look to the future. I think they HAVE to bring some quality size to their top 6 some time soon, so there will be limited spots for all of these talented forward prospects that we have hopes for. Maybe seeing both of them in the NHL this year provides a showcase that can increase trade value for one of them.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote