View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell1984 View Post
Why is the Avs' reputation as tough negotiators so popular here? Wouldn't you be better off with a mngmnt. team that identifies the real important pieces and pays them accordingly. Why use a one size fits all approach to negotiating (our way or the highway). Is that really the best approach to building a winner? They obviously don't value him as highly as other teams seem to, I wonder why that is? If they end up moving him I could envision him playing for a Cup wherever he ends up, before the likes of Kronke, Sherman or Sacco taste any real success. Ownership and Mngmnt. will hold this team back not "greedy" players. People seem to think he was the beneficiary of the Lando pairing last year, perhaps it was the other way around. We will get a snapshot of that theory over the next month or so. Some folks might end up surprised that just maybe Lando ends up missing him.
Avs haven't been unfair to O'Reilly if the reported offers are accurate. A two year $3.5M/year deal would be fair for O'Reilly. O'Reilly is the first player Avs had a problem with and Avs front office doesn't seem to be the unreasonable party.

As for why the ability to keep salaries low is popular, do you really need to ask? When you start overpaying, you have to keep overpaying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
If O'Reilly is not scoring he is helping the team in other ways. If Stastny and Duchene are not producing offensively they are not good for anything.

To me it is ridiculous to give Jones a 4x4 deal, and not give it to O'Reilly who is a much more important player to this team.

It is embarassing for this team to not come to terms with your 22yo leading scorer when you have one of the lowest payrolls in the league.
Stastny is very solid defensively and a better pker than O'Reilly is.