View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Diamonddog01
Diamond in the rough

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I completely undestand if the Canucks don't want to move Edler. Just don't expect ROR.

No, unsigned Edler would not be fair. Teams don't trade top young players for upcoming UFAs. The Avs control ROR until he is 27. Unsigned RFAs hold far more value than unsigned UFAs.

No. The Avs would give up a mid pick/prospect for Ballard. Anything based around Ballard for ROR is laughable, regardless of the prospects you throw in on top. I'm not a huge fan of any of the Canucks prospects. You don't even get close to ROR if all you're offering is an overpaid mediocre
defensman+spects.

As already said, the Avs will demand full value in a trade for ROR. The team that trades for him will obviously know and be willing to pay what O'Reilly wants. We won't trade him for something as laughable as Ballard+futures, especially to a division rival.
You might demand that, doubt you'll get that. The only comparable RFA I can think of off the top of my head is Phil Kessel, a good young forward comparable in age to ROR.

An impeding Edler (who is arguably worth more than ROR all other things being equal) is completely fair value for a holdout ROR. Sorry, apart from AVs fans I don't think this remotely debatable.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote