View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
DD gave 60+ points to both Cole and Pacioretty last season. Both has 4,5 M$/year contract. DD will ask a contract around 7-10 M$/2 years in my opinion. Maybe less each year for a longer contract.
Meh, I still say Patches and Cole gave DD 60 points, but whatever. This team really won't go anywhere with him leaned on in the top 6. I personally want to see Moen, Gionta, Desharnais, and Bourque all replaced asap. Expensively redundant (we're paying $4.3 million to have Moen AND Prust... and Prust is better), expensively inadequate (wonder if Gionta ever scores 20 goals again, and is that worth $5 million anyway?), potentially far too expensive (I'll cry is someone like Desharnais ever costs this team more than $1 million), and expensively inconsistent (Bourque makes more than average on the Habs with his $3.3 million/$70 total, and has certainly been less than average), respectively.

Basically, three acquisitions that should never have even happened (and ended up as some attempt at a longer term solution than they should have been), imo, and a guy who no doubt is going to get way more of a pay raise at the end of the year than I think he deserves. A short season like this with such low expectations would be the ideal time to clean house, and those are some of the things I would certainly attempt in Bergevin's position. That's minimum $11 million cleaned up in cap space right there.