View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Disagree, I don't think he could be good on the wing, or at-least as good, while he is strong, he isn't good around the boards as other small guys like Gionta, also he is better in open ice in the middle where he is creative.

Also so what if he plays with Patches and Cole, Cole had his best season playing with DD, and you could also say that Patches career took over when he was paired with DD (started in the AHL).

Also while he isn't as good as Plek and Eller, he isn't a liability in his own end.

For my the big question mark, is after last season teams have more of an idea what DD likes to do, and can he keep his pace as last year by adjusting.
Missing the point, you all do it.
Why is it bad that Cole and Patches are on the same line? We have no quality winger outside of them. I'm not saying this to prove that DD is not suited for the NHL and that he should return play in the ECHL...
DD IS a liability in his own end. Denying this is like denying the heliocentric theory. He's not strong on the FO he's not strong on the puck, he's lost in his own zone.. Now I know this doesnt happen every time he's in his zone, wich is why you may not see it, but it happens enough for me to be doubting his abilities.

And DD would be a better winger than Eller for starters, wich means we have two good players instead of on good(dd) and one that is completely lost(eller). Also, he is actually winning most of his boards fights. + This is alot easier to get better at.