View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Meh, I still say Patches and Cole gave DD 60 points, but whatever. This team really won't go anywhere with him leaned on in the top 6. I personally want to see Moen, Gionta, Desharnais, and Bourque all replaced asap. Expensively redundant (we're paying $4.3 million to have Moen AND Prust... and Prust is better), expensively inadequate (wonder if Gionta ever scores 20 goals again, and is that worth $5 million anyway?), potentially far too expensive (I'll cry is someone like Desharnais ever costs this team more than $1 million), and expensively inconsistent (Bourque makes more than average on the Habs with his $3.3 million/$70 total, and has certainly been less than average), respectively.

Basically, three acquisitions that should never have even happened (and ended up as some attempt at a longer term solution than they should have been), imo, and a guy who no doubt is going to get way more of a pay raise at the end of the year than I think he deserves. A short season like this with such low expectations would be the ideal time to clean house, and those are some of the things I would certainly attempt in Bergevin's position. That's minimum $11 million cleaned up in cap space right there.
You'll cry if we pay Desharnais more than $1M? Oh my. I don't even have words for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Desharnais is benefiting by playing with Pacioretty who is a superstar (the same guy who made Gomez look like a #1 center).
Plecanek centered Cole and Pacioretty for one game last season, and they each had 2 or 3 points dominating the first place Canucks. They never played together since then.
The notion of Pacioretty benefiting from playing with Desharnais is laughable!

edit: 2 goals for Cole, 2 assists for Pacioretty, +2 for all 3 players
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/boxsco...?id=2011021024
You're right. It's an individual game. No one benefits from anyone.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

All three players benefited playing with each other. Dear god.

Either way, I can do the same thing as you. Desharnais played with Cammalleri for two games last year and made him look like a 1st line winger again. Oh snap.