View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
cobra427

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yandle has had two poor games. Smith hasn't been great in two straight. I'm not going to write them off as having peaked already because of two games without camp. C'mon fellas.

As far as lines go, I can see what Tippett was going for. I didn't perceive Dallas as a tremendous offensive threat, and didn't expect Jagr to look like 1993. Dallas has painfully unproven D, and I'd have dressed Rundblad over Schlemko in a game like that, too. Same thing for putting Lombardi on the third, to try to get more offense. Against the Hawks, they can roll one dangerous line after another. Makes sense to dress Schlemko and put put Gordon up with Korpikoski and Moss for more ice time. Bissonnette was in the game because Bollig was and because of some potential lingering bad blood. Low and behold, Bollig did what he does and Biz did what he does. I sure would've hated to see poor Kyle Chipchura have to answer that bell.
When Schlemko was healthy last year, he was a solid defensemen for us. I don't see him out of the line up after how solid he was last night. I don't know why Biz plays, don't get that one at all. As for smith, we kind of have no choice but to ride him out and let him get his timing back. Barbs will play some no matter what with the schedule, but Smith is our horse, good, bad or ugly, we have no other choice.

Yandle on the other hand, I am not so sure. He should have been ready and has made so many bad plays the first two games, dumb plays. How long does Tip stick with him given the depth of our D? His leash is not unlimited like Smith's. I could see his minutes cut or a healthy scratch coming if he doesn't turn it around a little in the next 3 games or so.

Most of the play is sloppy as expected but a shortened season will shorten the bench and the leash on certain players. I think Kieth will turn it around and Sully too. Sully will get more time to figure it out because he is new here and we have less options other then shuffled lines and limiting minutes. Only 2 games, no panic yet.....

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote