View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I think Gionta is a decent winger, but ok, so your saying team is lacking wingers, what does that have to do with DD, should the tittle be, "this team can't succed with these wingers"

DD was better than both Eller and Plek on faceoffs last year. And while he isn't great in his own end, he was +9 and playing with two guys that are not known for therer two way game in Cole and Patches.

I guess I disagree with you on who would be a better wing, Eller or DD, size in todays NHL is more important on the wing than C, with all the forecheck and board work, and it seems like every time he has been on Eller has been used as a winger, with St Louis they tried him at wing, with the National team they put him on wing, so its not like the idea is coming out of nowhere.
Gionta is decent. He's a 40-50 points player. Far from Cole/patches quality.
+/- is flawed. 1st line was used in sofff matchups. If DD was a good defensive player, then he would have a +- of 20. Not 9. Giving up 50 goals against soffff matchups isnt a thing I would mention on a DD is good defensively argument.

I'll go on with a humoristic example.. If every body tries eating their poop, would you?