View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Bomber0104
One of These Days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I think it's fair enough, although you shouldn't be so certain it is 'simple logic' if you understand the pitfalls of potential +/- arguments. Why the act?
I'm aware of the pitfalls because I understand how the stat is calculated and how it can be contextually applied to the sport. I'm also aware of some of its strengths and where it can be reasonably used to draw conclusions but again, I hardly need to look at a players +/- to tell me if they are good or bad defensively. It's more more validation.

Quote:
Perhaps it is the hook, line and sinker to getting reply's around here. If that matters to you which it really seems to. You tend to say outrageous things and then when put up to it come back with a little bit of a more intelligent reply. Try skipping the act first huh?
I'm not acting. I have an opinion and I state it just like everyone else. If you want to argue with me, I'll defend myself and state my reasoning. Simple as that.

I'm not going to type a half page opinion with supporting evidence. Not interested.

Quote:
Just and FYI, to another one of your silly claims... Kessel and Lupul were among the league leaders in even strength points last season.
Near the top in offence...but the top in goals against.

That's why they were a minus line and one of the worst in the league.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote