vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Ya actually it does. This is how:

Bourque - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Desharnais
Moen - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Armstrong

Ideally, but you have to wait until next year to get rid of Gio. We have nobody to replace him right now. Again, the problem with DD isn't his skill. He's a top 6 forward. But playing him at center affects the rest of the lineup.
I'm not sure it really effects the rest of the line-up though. I don't think anyone can be sure because we don't know what he can do with say Bourque. I really think the 1st line should be split up so we can maybe win some games and so people can see that Desharnais can produce with other players - or maybe I'll get a rude awakening and realize he's not as good as I thought (although I don't believe that).

I like you're line-up, although, I'd really love to get Armstrong out of the line-up and add an offensive winger to the 3rd line. Unfortunately, we really don't have another offensive minded type player besides Gallagher. And it's hard to fit both him and Gally into the Top-9.

I think I'd shuffle all the wingers though. Pacioretty and Bourque, and then Bourque and Desharnais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
How can we get rid of a 5M 40 points midget who is almost a non-factor every damn game.
So you agree to try DD on the wing ?
We still have one buyout left. Although that would be really harsh, obviously.

I'm betting Kaberle is more moveable though, assuming he puts up 35-points, than Gionta would be at 45-points.

As for trying Desharnais at wing? I'm fine with trying anyone at wing.. Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller.. so long as we can figure out our winger problem. I, personally, think we can win with Desharnais as a Top-6 center if we had the winger depth. We don't, so we need to try something. Gionta as a 3rd liner would actually look really good.