View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Warm Cookies
Re-sign Kunitz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
We're a cap team... which means every dollar has to be wisely allocated. Florida over spending my a few million on Campbell means nothing. However us overspending on someone by a million on a 8 yr deal has implications on who else we can afford going forward for that duration of that contract.

Really? You're going to compare an average size offensive PMD to Weber or Chara, guys who are the ultimate definition of a #1D, who are absolute monsters? Letangs game isn't even comparable to Suter's game. Suter is more of an all around D, where as Letang is much more offensive.

As for what he should make... I'd be comfortable with anything up to 6m. However if he's asking for more than that, I'd be concerned. And if he is over 6m, his NTC/NMC had better be a limited one.
Paying market value to retain Letang If necessary IS allocating money wisely. Florida has nothing to do with anything. Check what any other elite defenseman is making - you are living in a dream world if you think 6 mil per is overpaying for what Letang brings to the table.

How exactly do you propose to replace what Letang brings if he walks? Have a look at what's available in UFA on Capgeek. It's funny, everybody who says "just let him walk" never has a reasonable answer to that question.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote