Thread: Value of: Hemsky to Pit
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
supert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangInTheSO View Post
I've been a Hemsky fan since 03. As recently as this offseason I argued against the idea of Hemsky as Sid's winger. My thinking was that Sid needed a bigger body on his line. Nonetheless, what's really been missing from Sid's line - when I stop and think of it - is a player who has ANY offensive creativity whatsoever. Kunitz and Dupuis do an admirable job keeping up with Sid and they can make decent plays off the rush, but neither of them can create anything for themselves. A guy like Hemsky can actually enter the zone, protect the puck and make a pass under pressure. Sid hasn't had somebody capable of that since Hossa.

/end pipe dream.

Again, Oil fans, I'm not saying that you're looking to move Hemsky or that the Pens are good trade partners. I'm just asking what you suspect the Oil's price for him would be (and yes, I understand that the price would be inflated if the organization isn't particularly interested in movingh im).
A big physical # 2 center man that can score and is good at face offs and can keep up with Yak . In other words no one is going to offer us what we need . Last year we had no scoring other then the first line , we got a second line now that can score and we are not trading a big part of it with out an over payment

supert is online now   Reply With Quote