01-21-2013, 03:44 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stammertime91 View Post
Standouts:

-St louis, surprised?
-Conacher, again, he's the next MSL in my opinion, with more experience and less mistakes, he'll fit in anywhere in any organization. What talent that kid has.
-Carle, few mistakes but was miles ahead of Brewer
-Pyatt, nearly every shift he had, he did everything right. Cant ask for more.
-Lindback, not all four were his fault, he played very good, cant say that too often when your goalie lets in 4.

Meh.
-Lecavalier
-Stamkos, doesnt have the sharpness from last season, really needs to wake up...honestly, he's been transparent in 5 out of 6 periods.
-Hedman, he frustrates the hell out of me but he was okay, still boneheaded decisions, clearly doesnt learn that you cant pull a Paul Ranger stretch pass from end to end when there are 3 Isles in your way.

Bad/disappointing:
-Lee, bad decision making.
-Brewer, terrible gap control for a seasoned veteran, I'd rather have Ohlund.

Pretty harsh, I know its only the second game and they are still rusty and Im not expecting 6 goals every game but there isnt time for this. There is NO time to lose to these mediocre teams when we have a team that can score in every possible way. Too much effort just to blow it at the end and not come away with at least a point. Just my armchair analysis so to speak. Oh well, hope we do to the canes what our neighbors, the panthers, did to them the other night.
Completely disagree with your assessment on Brewer. I thought he made a couple of crucial stops for us defensively and it wasn't so much his gap control but a lack of awareness that led to Grabner's breakaway goal. It's just his lack of foot speed that leads one to believe he has poor gap control. He should have been in your "meh" category.

Not sure why Hedman "frustrated" you so much. He's not a natural puck distributing defenseman and he threw down plenty of good hits and closed down the gap on the opposition quite well. He even tried to get involved offensively and already looks better than he did last season.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote