View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 03:55 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
The lights on the ice don't look like the Garden anymore. I was watching last night and something didn't feel right. Then I realized that it looked like I was watching a game from NJ or Pitt...the lighting that helped make MSG unique is gone.
Completely agree. The garden looked SO different to me. After seeing hundreds of games under the old lights its definitely going to take some time to adjust. I thought of the same exact thing too, pittsburgh and the devils arenas.

The old white point was much lower and almost yellow. (If you change your TV color temperature around you can kinda get it back to how it was) You could tell, even in photos that they were taken in MSG. The lighting was a very unique quality is gone now and the new ones make the rink look a lot larger, the ice looks sharper and just plain different.

I was always moaning about getting better lighting in the building so I cant whine about it now. But its definitely a huge difference and combined with the new team and stands and everything, it just didnt feel right watching the game last night. It was weird.

But you always have to improve and even though I havent been to the new MSG it looks impressive.