View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Joe Flacco is a top 10 QB. Ravens are probably Franchise tagging him but I'd still sign him to a mega contract and give up 2 1sts for him.
Flacco, when he's on, can be a top-10 QB. For most of the second half of this season, he was a bottom-10 QB. I can say with a fair amount of certain that the regular season version of Flacco this year maybe gets Buffalo to 7-8 wins, but certainly not to the playoffs.

I'd put him in that 10-15 range. Guys I'd most definitely rank above Flacco (in no order) looking ahead for the next 365 days:

Brady
Peyton
Roethlisberger
Luck
Eli
Rodgers
Brees
Ryan

Guys for whom you can make an argument that they're better options than Flacco:

RG3 (contingent on health)
Wilson
Kaepernick
Stafford
Dalton

And that's ignoring football-conversation poison pills like Romo (and Schaub), who tend to put up better regular season numbers than Flacco, but don't get it done when it counts. I'll say that Joe has that Eli-esque quality that he always seems to come up big in the playoffs, which is obviously very valuable. But week-in, week-out it's tough to argue he's top-10.

(I'm hopping in late here, so I want to be clear: I do not think Fitzpatrick is a better option than Flacco, or even an equivalent one. Much if this is moot, anyways, because he's staying here in Baltimore for his entire career.)