View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrewilson View Post
This is just a silly service. I don't have cable or satellite and therefore wouldn't get anything but CBC on a good day.

A lot of people these days are doing the exact same thing I am and do not have cable.

I am disappointed with this service, although it is the NHL so I am not surprised.

I'll just use a VPN, Proxy or other such things to get around it. Pretty disappointed about having to do the work to do that though...
Unfortunately, the regional broadcasters give more money to the NHL than individual subscriptions do. As pointed out above -- even with paying for a service to bypass the blackout you're out at most 3 bucks a game.

I fully agree with the idea that blackout restrictions are a bit behind the times these days, but that's just the way the system is and there's still money in it for the league that way. I also think that cable companies should move to a more a la carte service, especially since the primary argument against it (that niche channels won't survive) is pretty much negated by the fact that every niche channel moves into general 'reality' programming anyway these days (see Syfy, TLC, History, Discovery, Science, etc etc)

Caeldan is online now   Reply With Quote