View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
There isn't one guy on our team who can fight Lucic and win....let alone Chara...I would think Rupp would have a hard time with McQuaid.

We have a lot of guys with big balls but even guys with balls aren't stupid enough to fight guys who would destroy them...if Cally or Giradi fought Lucic...they wouldn't play another game this year.

Carkner would have been the perfect signing...last year Prust had the balls to fight Lucic and maybe Asham does as well but it will never deter Lucic from imposing his will.

Nash is the last guy who should fight Lucic and Nash can't beat Malkin in a fight yet you think it makes sense to fight Lucic...

The 4th line of the Devils beat the Rangers last year in the playoffs...Carter, Beiner...both had size that the Rangers couldn't handle and it will be our achilles again this year.
I'm not talking about fighting and winning. I'm not asking anyone to go toe to toe. If any of our guys decided to pick a fight with Lucic and play it safe (read: throw a few, clinch up and end the fight) i wouldn't be upset. Those punches hurt, but you really can't get the kind of power on ice as you can on solid ground, and these men are professional athletes. There aren't many players in the NHL who can't at the least defend themselves from anyone else.

Fighting in the NHL isn't always about winning. Sometimes a player's willingness to fight is all it takes, and sometimes it's about getting a player off the ice for 5 minutes.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote