View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Don't get me wrong, I defend this fanbase to the death and I know exactly who we are, who we're mostly composed of and why you typically see so many empty seats in the lower bowl on a Wednesday night game. And I know well enough that within a few years, that most likely won't be a problem anymore.

It just feels pretty flat to go from so many consecutive sell outs in the playoffs to a half empty lower bowl again. On the home opener.
The lockout didn't seem to kill momentum (despite the huffing and puffing til now) as it seems people are chomping at the bit to get back to watching hockey again.

The atmosphere is always great in the upper levels, so there's no criticism about that.
Just was hoping for a packed house to get the season started off well.

...and god just looking at my twitter feed right now, it just looks like the Devils are guilt tripping us all
There were literally thousands of Devil fans on Long Island Saturday, and at least a thousand at their super-secret sth viewing party at the Rock itself so you're right, the lockout didn't kill buzz here any more than it did anywhere else but it's gonna look that way tomorrow.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote