View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Obryantj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's kind of been my plan as well. I just think I need a slight boost to my lineup. Everyone else is doing it so why cant we? And I'm tired of building. I didn't realize how long it had been since I bought a player until Obryantj posted that it was 8 months ago. And that was probably Racvolgyi, who was just a prospect who is only now getting decent playing time, but he isn't considered a starter yet. I haven't purchased an immediate impact player...ever? Maybe my goalie back in season 2? It would be nice to add a 28 in game rating to the lineup without having to spend years developing said player.
I think everybody wants to add an impact player to the roster all the time. It's just difficult for us to do so with our current rosters. I think we'll both be able to pick up an impact player this season, albeit at the end of the season.

Quote:
I don't even have to look and I know that the 3rd star is a very popular player. That plays a huge part in picking the stars. It's why Korey Buckley gets player of the game when the Force lose to teams who aren't even half as good. And why Zak Aldridge makes team of the day 20 times a season. Stupid.
I'm assuming you missed it, but Buckley was sold in season 11. He is currently a backup for the 4th place team in Latvia I.1.

Quote:
That's not too bad. The players i was looking at were getting 28igr. I just lowered it to 25 to have more options. How often do those types of players show up? I searched 20yo and 1100 OR and had two results I might have to increase that to 21. Do you think 5/6 is absolutely necessary? That's how I was originally operating. Then I figured I would never afford that type of player. Now, with the uncertainty of a player's CL, I'm thinking 5/6 might be the smarter move. This whole thing is very annoying
5/6 depends on your teams needs and resources. If you're 1-2 players away from a dynasty, then its probably worth the extra cost. I just don't like spending money at the same position on a regular basis.

Quote:
I'll have to have HR15 ready for next season. When I start it depends entirely on player acquisition. Maintenance is the other priority. Do you think RF15 is worth it? I'm not sure if I do. But I guess with the money you make it doesn't really matter.
I'm still debating it somewhat. I am leaning towards pulling the trigger though. The other options are: the "Little 3" facilities, stadium accessories, and players. An impact player costs more than RF-15 and I've got a good number of prospects with decent qualities. I could use some (more) stud prospects, but I'll probably put that off until next season.