View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 05:02 PM
lost35*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss nhl fan View Post
Hi, me and a friend are coming to nyc for the first week of february. We already bought tickets for the islanders game on february 3rd against the devils. We will have our hotel right at the times square in nyc. So what I already figured out: we have to take the LIRR from penn station to mineola and a cab from mineola to nassau colliseum.

My questions now are:

- how long will this trip take ? especially the way backÖ
- do you think itís possible to be back in nyc fort he superbowl?
- if not, what would you recommend for watching it?

thanks for your help...

-cab from mineola to nassau coliseum will probably take about 10-15 minutes, on the way back it will take longer as there will be traffic getting out of the Coliseum

- the game on the 3rd starts at 3 so I bet it ends around 5:30-45, Super Bowl is at 6:30, unless you leave the Isles game a little early, or don't mind missing a few minutes of the Super Bowl, probably not a chance you will make it back to NYC in time for the beginning of the game

- there is a Marriott Hotel across from the Coliseum that has a bar called Champions that I am sure will be showing the Super Bowl, there are also a few other places that are close to the Coliseum, but the Marriott is the only place I know that you don't really need to take a cab to

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote