View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 06:09 PM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriquesJawLine View Post
Want D'Agostini. Grit overload on this line.....

Clarkson-Zubrus-D'Agostini

That line would throw some bodies around
D'agostini certainly doesn't shy away from the physical game, but he is not even remotely what I'd consider "gritty". Dag's biggest asset is his speed. The kid can flat out fly, and when he fires the puck in stride it is as hard as anybody in the league. He is a decent enough defensive player and works really hard out there, but D'Agostini is not a grinder by any stretch of the imagination. He's the kind of guy you want on a line with a really good passer like our Andy McDonald. Dag's can use his speed to beat almost any defender to a spot on the ice and then unleash a 1-timer that can beat most goalies(when he puts it on net).

If we were to make a Dag's/Tallinder swap and I was NJ, I'd want him on a line with Elias. IMO Elias and Dag's would form the same kind of chemistry that McDonald/Dag's had 2 years ago when D'Agostini notched 20 goals. If you're looking for supplemental goal scoring, that is the kind of thing you should be looking for. D'Agostini is a mid-level(may still have the potential to be slightly above average) finisher that does best next to a high-end playmaker. Think along the lines of a Jussi Jokinen type.

kimzey59 is online now   Reply With Quote