Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Pens | 1/20/13
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 05:14 PM
NYRKindms

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I understand Orpiks game. He a physical guy. One of the better pure hitters in the game today. A physical guy that imposes his will on the opposition. He played his game.

I don't understand that nobody even put so much as a glove in Orpiks face after the hit? Nobody answered the bell. My point was never about the hit itself being clean. My point is no matter what, when you guy get laid out you better step up. That is how unity as a team is built. Every guy stadning up for one another. Every guy having each others backs.

For the posters saying that is NOT Boyle's thing. Boyle has been in NY for 3 full seasons now. He's got 13 fighting majors in that time. He had 3 more with the kIngs in the 36 games he's played for them. It's not like he's new.

And for the record, I was NEVER a guy to bash Boyle in the past. In fact I ive defended him here. I love that he was a guy on the outside looking in a couple seasons ago. Basically he was told he would likely be in Hartford. He won the job in training camp. My point is he was given opportunity and he went above and beyond. He exceeded expectations two season ago. I thought he has the capability of doing so again. Yesteray he completely dissapointed me. Now, I believe that Pyatt might have also been out there. Can't remember, but...Boyle was right there. I think he even looked over at Orpik, then looked towards the official.

To me the right move was immediate reaction on Orpik.
Boyle is as soft as they come. It is a problem for a lot of big guys. His mom basically said that they were always afraid of him hurting someone. If he ever had an intimidating streak his parents did their best to pacify him

That's why he thought he could dangle as a kid. They didn't want him imposing his size on people. I would imagine the NCAA and NHL have tried to teach the opposite but he doesn't get it

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote