Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)
View Single Post
01-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Originally Posted by
Always interesting to get another perspective. I definitely agree with the Eli comparison, he's not consistently impressive during the regular season but he seems to play above himself during the playoffs. After the number of times he's done it, it might be more accurate to describe him as a top level QB that plays below himself in the regular season.
I would put Flacco behind Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, and in the next level down of Ryan, Eli, Stafford. The youngsters (Kaep, Wilson, Luck, Griffin, Newton) sort of deserve a tier of their own, they need a larger sample size before we know for sure. I have all of the above ahead of Ben easily, no idea why he is in your top tier. Dalton is also out of place in this conversation.
Dalton and Flacco have almost identical numbers over the last two seasons, and Dalton has three fewer years of experience. I said one could make an argument. Personally, I'd probably take Flacco. But Dalton has taken a pretty average team to the playoffs in consecutive seasons. I think if you threw him on the Ravens, the Ravens would be a very similar team.
Are you being serious about Ben? If you polled Ravens fans and assured anonymity, 80% of them would take Ben over Flacco, and the other 20% of those are just fundamentally opposed to Roethlisberger on principle. He's a better QB than Flacco.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Zip15