View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 07:02 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
Anyone else worried that MB thinks that Tinordi and Beaulieu are the future stars we need on the blueline and thats why he doesn't want to give PK the long contract? We haven't had a player like PK in a long time with so much enthusiasm and flare but is that what we want as the face of the Habs for 6 more years? I keep going back and forth about the situation and I just cant wrap my head around what the hold up is?
No, I'm pretty sure Bergevin mistakenly believes that holding all RFA's to bridge contracts is the way to go regardless of the players ability, which is absurd. Many on this board are willing to make the same mistakes we've made as an organization year after year and year after year. I've heard this song before "we need to get rid of this cancer", "no one is above the team" and all the other nonsense that surrounds this once great organization.

You don't trade your best player, period. You certainly don't trade him when you think your back is against the wall. It's the perfect time for an experienced GM to rip you off.