View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 06:21 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
All the scouts/draft guys have said Joeckel is the most talented player in the whole draft....as a OL.
That ain't saying much in this draft. He's good, no doubt, I just think you're going to get more value on the defensive side of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
I dunno man, draftnicks have been talking about Joeckel as one of the best offensive linemen to come out in recent memory (which is why he's got a shot to be #1 overall). He's the total package IMO.
I don't even think he's better than Matt Kalil who came out last year.

Quote:
That being said, I could definitely get behind Star Lotuleilei (I'm assuming that's who you were talking by mentioning Fletcher Cox?) or Jarvis Jones. I'm not sold on Milliner being worth the #4 overall.
I'm not really sold on anyone at this point, but if we switch to the 3-4, I'm taking one of the rush LBs- Moore, Mingo, Jones (my third choice). Star is very good at what he does, but I don't believe in taking two down players that high in the draft and I think the difference between him and a replacement level guy is a lot less than the difference between one of the pass rushers and a replacement level guy at that position. Elite pass rushers are hard to acquire. Just look at the two teams in the Super Bowl. Aldon Smith has been phenomenal this year and Suggs, although not as productive coming off a torn Achilles, has been as productive as anyone in the league since he was drafted in 2003. Meanwhile, the NTs on each team: Isaac Sopoaga a 4th rounder and Terrance Cody a late 2nd rounder.