View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
You realize Pascal Dupuis was a throw-in with Hossa and he's better than anything the Penguins gave up for Hossa, right?

The equivalent offer would be Kennedy, Tangradi, Maatta, and a 1st for Iginla and a solid veteran 3rd/4th liner.

Kovalchuk was had for a similarly uninspiring collection of meh.
I am well aware of the trade. The basis of them all was a good prospect, first rounder and a roster player. However I think a lot more comes into trading Iginla. You are having to pry away a captain and franchise player from a hockey market team. If it comes to the point where both he and the Flames agree to trade him so he can go on a cup run there will be a bidding war. I do not see Boston, Philly or NY standing by and letting the Penguins pick him up without driving up the price first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Isn't Igilnla getting up there in age? Don't know if I'd give too much up for him.
He is. But he is also in amazing shape and a consistent 30+ goal scorer. He would bring a lot to the Penguins including a great right winger for Sid who is physical and a very dynamic offensive threat.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote