View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 06:40 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I think Noel knows where this team's bread is buttered. Guys like Ladd, Little and Wheeler are absolutely critical to this team having any shot at success this year. So, you give them a bunch of ice time so they can play their way into game shape and timing. May not be fair to the Burmi's and Scheife's of the team, but I get it. Those guys have to be rolling for us to have a chance.

Don't forget, they get the tough assignments too. The other guys might not look so great if they are getting the tougher minutes.
Maybe, but we had to wait for these guys to get going last year as well. I really don't want this to be a reoccuring theme where it takes these guys a month or two to start doing something. I'm starting to get pretty leary about throwng a big contract Wheeler's way if he's going to start slow on a yearly basis. We really can't afford to wait this year anyways, play the players who are playing well and limit the ones who arn't. Maybe benching Wheeler and Ladd will light more of fire under them.