Old
01-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'm even more skeptical than you are.

I don't think replacing Subban with Jones is a "solution", I think it's a lateral move.

The solution imho is a Jones-Subban first pairing, or, some other, weaker first pairing with Subban compensated by a superior forward corps that includes whoever we draft in the top-5 this year.

We're a basement team with or without Subban this year. However, he is a part of the solution if we want to return to bubble team status by 2014 and to contender status by 2015.
Oh for sure, I agree with all of that, just saying that it is so incredibly hard to find a legit top pairing defenceman that even in this stacked draft, there appears to be only one surefire top pair D available. And he's likely going to require a lottery win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
If the Habs did sign PK to a lets say a 6 year 24 million dollar deal his cap hit would be 24M divided by the first 5 years correct?
No. You are thinking of the rules to determine offer sheet draft pick compensation (which is the total contract divided by 5 if the years = more than 5).

It would be 24 M divided by 6 on the cap.