Old
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Weber is not going to go anywhere unless its a bigger trade.

Weber and Ott view each other as brothers . Otts parents took care of weber when in juniors. During a recent sabres road trip last year...the sabres asked players to bring their moms with them ( they have one ones where they brought their dads ) weber brought Otts mom with him.

Look at Leopold , sekera, or breenen and trade able.
So because Weber and Ott are like brothers means Weber is untouchable and shouldn't be traded? Relationship to Ott or not, I would hope Regier pulls the trigger on any trade that is fair and makes his team better if it's out there. Weber will not fetch us nearly as much as Sekera or Leopold in a trade. Sekera shouldn't even be trade bait anyway and neither should Leopold right now IMO. Weber is the most likely trade piece with us carrying so many defensemen. We don't need both him and Brennan in the the press box, so why not trade him for a forward to better our center depth?

Ott and Weber have a good relationship and a nice story, but if shipping Weber out improves our team, I'd hope to God Regier would look past that and make a trade. I hope this isn't the way Regier runs things and I suspect it isn't, considering the relationship Derek Roy had with Sabres brass and he was shipped out anyway. It's professional sports and a business first. All hockey players understand that and management should too.

Weber honestly deserves to be playing anyway. He's still a pretty decent bottom-pairing guy and he's better than a spare sitting in the press box but he won't get playing time with all our guys healthy.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote