View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 07:48 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
There are going to be injuries and when that occurs he will be ready for a top six role. My worry is that they send him down after 5 games and we will regret that when an injury to a top six player happens. He is ready now and I don't think he will benefit from playing out the season in the OHL.

Some coaches just refuse to play young players and will play vets regardless of performance (in particular I'm thinking of Dave Tippett for the Coyotes). Noel may be somewhat like that. If Sheifele stays more that 5 games, then he will eventually be moved up. He especially is needed on the PP where our existing PP units are unable to produce.

I still would like to see Orville and Tony in the lineup sometime as I think we need more grit and I'd like to see for myself what they bring.
If this is the case then he is the wrong man for the job. This organizations philosophy is to draft and develope its talent which is a little hard if your young players arn't getting the minutes that they need to progress.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote