View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
Whenever I think of the Subban situation it reminds me of something Pierre Mcguire once said about PK's teammates not hitting their sticks against the boards or congratulating him when PK fought (can't remember if it was his fight against the Bruins or the Jets). ' Should tell you a bit about what some of these guys think about PK' he said.

What scares me is that PK finds himself in a situation where his teammates won't stand up for him because they want to teach him a lesson, and opposing tough guys take notice. One hit or punch too many and voila some injury that puts that long term contract opportunity in peril.

From everything I've heard around the Subban story it seems pretty simple to me, Habs brass doesn't want a repeat of the Jose Theodore fiasco. simple as that. Young media-friendly kids in Montreal tend to implode, Meehan negotiated that contract and that almost ended Theo's career.

I think an intermediate contract would protect Subban on and off the ice, let him do his 'chemin de croix'. I agree that he's one of the best D man on this team (if not the best) right now, but accept a one or two year contract, don't play with the pressure of a 6 million dollar guy, enjoy the next two years because unless Markov rebounds from his injury you'll be the number one in Mtl for the long haul.

We all know what's going to happen soon enough if Markov can barely crack 40 points in the next 2 years, he won't be back
Yeah I'll tell ya, I sure am glad we got rid of Chris Chelios. Boy that was a great move on our part.