View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Neal Before Zod

vCash: 500
Can we make the playoffs at 0-0-48? LMAO

It sucks losing in a shootout. It's worse when you give the second point to a West team. It is awful giving that point to a division opponent...and lo and behold, we've done it twice.

I thought the 1st period sucked, and we were very fortunate to be tied. We were sloppy, but buried two of the few real chances we had.

The 2nd and 3rd periods were much better, though not perfect. The 2nd and 3rd made it appear as if both teams were pretty evenly matched (and I think that is true).

The good - faceoffs - 36 wins, 28 losses -- without Gaustad. For as bad as puck possession was, we helped ease that with faceoff percentage.

The bad - puck control & shots allowed - 39 shots allowed (to 24 for) -- a lot of this due to poor puck control during several points in the game. From what I recall, 2 if not 3 of the Blues goals were the result of poor puck play.

The ugly - powerplay -- yes, we were 2 for 6, which is technically good. But it seemed to be feast or famine. It either looked very well organized, or it looked completely disorganized. We spent way too much time chasing the puck on a couple of those powerplays.

In the end -- we're very rusty, but have managed to grab two points. We need to win the 3rd period and not let it get to overtime. Right now, I have almost no confidence in our shootout. We can't keep letting it get to that point.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote