Old
01-21-2013, 08:36 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Nope,I just consider MPS being a bottom-six forward as a major disappointment,since so many fans projected him to be a 30 goal scorer for us in the future.
Whoever projected that is nuts.

What you're talking about is his potential. That has nothing to do with projections.

Projections are based on past accomplishments. MPS never accomplished anything which would allow anyone with half a brain to project him scoring 30 goals at any point in time.

People looked at his size and athleticism and saw the potential for a Marian Hossa type player. Just that he's got that potential doesn't mean anyone is going to project him to put up those type of stats.

Get your facts straight before you start ripping one of your team's players.

We can all agree that Magnus and Lander's development curves have been disappointing, but it still looks to me like they'll be guys who can make contributions.

Belanger's contract will expire at the end of this season and that means that Lander will be our forth line center next year. He's an upgrade over Belanger IMO. He's stronger, grittier and has a slightly better shot. Lander's still young. I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into a 3rd line center.

Magnus is a passable 3rd line winger on some teams at this point. He's playing more physical and if that trend continues he'll be a fine third line forward if he can use his head a little more in the offensive zone. If he can't improve his offense he'll be an elite 4th line player. Actually, it would make him the best 4th line player in the NHL. The ultimate 3rd/4th line tweener.

Last edited by thadd: 01-21-2013 at 08:43 PM.
thadd is offline   Reply With Quote