View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Yeah right, we've only had a week to think about this... It was impossible to do any analysis at all before the season began. Who knows, maybe Gionta is the next Gretzky. He might be right? Because all the history we've seen can't be analyzed so...

Paicoretty's an interesting case. I love that he gets tons of shots and has shown the willingness to get a little dirty and score some goals. Not sure how much we should count on him for though. I don't see him as an elite talent and he's a little one dimensional. I'm glad he's with us and I love watching him but I don't see him on a par with Price, Subban or (hopefully) Galchenyuk.
Pacioretty is not an elite talent, but great teams around the league often have players like Pacioretty.

e.g.

Pittsburgh has James Neal
LA has Dustin Brown
Philadelphia has Wayne Simmonds
Detroit has Johan Franzen
Boston Bruins have Milan Lucic
New York has Rick Nash
Vancouver now has Zach Kassian

i.e. a winger with enough size to go into dirty areas and to chip in a large number of goals and to take pressure off the rest of the line.

Pacioretty does not stand out from the names listed above, he isn't better, but he's comparable to what those elite teams have in a key position, and thus he is a good ingredient imo.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote