View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 09:14 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
One guy I forgot to mention was Nick Spaling. He played out of his mind tonight. All over the ice, our best forechecker, and was two inches from a goalie (crossbar). Not sure why Gaustad was playing on the 3rd line over him.

Clune should be wearing #22, not Hannan. Literally a carbon copy of old Toots.
Spaling did look great. Very good on both ends of the ice. Not sure about the neutral zone. Not many Preds looked good there. Best stat: 67% on faceoffs.

He's Toots without the offensive ability (as of now, at least). I don't think we're going to replace Jordin's 30 points with that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
We're missing someone like Smithson. Pure 4th line utility guy who is trustworthy in the d-zone and good at faceoffs. Dressing McGratton, Yip, and Clune is just silly. All three have no center experience and aren't known for their defensive prowess.

But in the end, the 4th line is the least of our problems.
I think Gaustad is more or less supposed to be that guy. I haven't seen enough of him to be able to tell. He's great on draws, but one thing you could always say about Smithson is that he was giving 100% every shift he was on the ice. The old sports cliche "intangibles" comes to mind.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote