View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
ottsabrefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I'm not sure what game you were watching. From a class standpoint the Kessel-Lupul line was pathetic to watch. Lupul cherry picked all night and did nothing with it. The teams entire strategy seems to be have Lupul cherry pick a breakaway or 2 on 1 or get it to Kessel and have him shoot from anywhere on the ice. Grabovski was non existent, Kulemin is a black hole offensively and MacArthur (someone I loved as a player in junior) has turned into a trashy NHL player. The VHP line alone generated more quality chances than the other 7 lines in the game combined. Toronto was in Buffalo's zone for longer periods of time but most of the shots were low quality. Buffalo played yesterday, Toronto did not. Toronto was at home, Buffalo was not.

I thought both teams looked equally rusty and the ice sucked. Toronto's defense on the other hand was great at both ends of the rink I thought. They had an uncanny knack of keeping the puck in no matter the situation. And this is without arguably their best D man.
You credit the Leafs, I blame the Sabres forwards for being terrible at helping their D get the puck out along the boards. This needs to improve.

ottsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote