View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No. Subban is worth more than $3 but no more than $4.5 in my opinion which does not count for anything. So that is irrelevant what you or I think he should get.

Subban/Meehan and Bergevin had an opportunity to negotiate the contract before the season began.

Meehan is a hardball agent. Everyone knows that. Regardless of what Subban thought was right or a good offer, I am sure that Meehan told PK to say no and to make management sweat a little bit.

Then the lockout happened.

Now Subban is missing playing time and the lines in the sand have been drawn.

Hell, look at the emotion coming from the pro-Subban posters just for laying fault on Subban. You think that the players are just sitting around not giving a **** about what is happening?

Subban is becoming increasingly more toxic for this team as each day passes.
Not understand and you can call Meehan a hardball agent yet somehow forget to call Bergevin's any names for wanting to implement a bridge contract or wanting to make some kind of statement out of the negotiation. Both party might have their share of blame. Yet, if true, Subban has every right to use comparables throughout the league. And Bergevin should understand that this bridge contract for this guy is not needed and that he could actually use that to get less on a longer period for Subban which in the end, we would benefit from it.