View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I agree for the most part, primary difference is that Marchand had the sandpaper game to break into the NHL as a 4th liner and work his way up. Don't think Spooner will be able to do that. The former PRO player I would compare him to is Krejci. Both are skill players who really need to be playing Top 6 in the NHL to be most effective. I would not be surprised to see a similar career path, full season in the AHL (hopefully near a point per game), followed by a 2nd year starting in the A And ending up in the NHL.
I mean from a production perspective, we haven't had a 20 year old play this well in Providence since Marchand. Spooner and Marchand are at opposite ends of the spectrum in playing style; Spooner could win the Lady Byng and Marchand probably took Lady Byng out for a steak dinner and never called her again.

Spooner is developing nicely, right now hes 14th in AHL rookie scoring, about 4/5 of those players are older and many ahead of Spooner played more games. He is certainly amongst the best rookies in the AHL this year.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote