View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
Yeah, I see it that way too. That being said, I have watched the Rangers and the Flyers play, and they have less structure than teams in the West like the Blues. That's why I think the Blues would crush them if the Blues played them in the finals. Their individual BS wouldn't fly against us or LA.
I agree with this assessment. Hitch's system is a smothering machine when it's running on all cylindars. This season, it will be more effective than last, with the forwards being significantly faster (adding Tarasenko and Schwartz-dropping some age, and having remaining older players play less, and the younger defencemen are more experienced and stronger). And adding Tarasenko and Schwartz and Cole, and having the other young forwards and offensive defenceman continuing to progress in their passing and shooting, the team's offence should be greatly improved (that should also include their shootout performance).

The Blues will almost always get a LOT more shots on goal and scoring chances than their opposition. They also have better overall goaltending than most of the other teams. With all that working for them in most games, they're likely to win a LOT of games.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote