View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I don't think it's close to the point where we have to ponder MB trading PK, but this part of your post is exactly how I feel. The money will only get worse from here from a habs perspective. PK wants a deal to protect himself. The only concern with a long term contract at this point is an injury and it's a concern for every player that signs a contract. PK is protecting himself from injuries ect by locking up some security and MB's position is likely to be detrimental to the team if PK even just maintains his previous performances.
I'm not in a panic over Subban's absence because the Habs finished 15th in the East with him in the lineup. My thinking is rapidly evolving to the point that I'd rather have some other team negotiate Subban's RFA and UFA contracts. If other GMs covet him badly, let them fully compensate the Habs. Let them bid against each other. Yes, the Habs would miss him but they'd have a wealth of their own and other teams' draft picks and prospects to build around and they'd still have Price, Pacioretty, and Galchenyuk.