Thread: Value of: Sam Gagner to NYR
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Brian28

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=CM Lundqvist;58064893]Wait, so what happened to all of those threads stating that Ales Hemsky was an elite talent?

That never happened, I guess? Or is Ales Hemsky not an elite talent? Mr. Point Per Game Skillset is now not a talent anywhere near the level of Marian Gaborik?

That's funny, because I swore I thought I read a lot of Oilers fans saying things like that around the time that they signed him to his current deal.

Good for him, doesn't change the fact that he's a 40 point player and nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Problem is its a bone headed argument. What is the point cut off, is it a 2 point game, 4 point game, a hat trick?

No, it just doesn't mean that he's proven himself to be more than a 40 point player.

Ok, now you just sound ridiculous. We get the point. Still doesn't change the fact about the actual subject matter.

Yep and when he has multiple 50+ point seasons, we'll start looking at him in a different light.
And which player are you referring to who has multiple 50 point seasons? Can't be Stepan as he has 1 50 and 1 40. By your own definition until he can put up multiple 50 pt seasons we won't be looking at him as anything more than a 40 point player.

Brian28 is online now   Reply With Quote