View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:27 AM
BUX7PHX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I'm not getting where all of this "Keith Yandle is entitled and thinks he's too good to improve because he's an All-Star" stuff is coming from. There's no doubt that his game needs work, but these are some big character judgments you're making without any substantial evidence.
I agree that I may be making it into a larger issue, and this may not be the case. But it just seems odd that given the depth of our D, no defenseman should feel safe in their role, IMO. We've been consistent in adding D-men through trades, FA, and draft - so while depth is a key aspect for us, it seems like we are laying the cards on the table and saying that every D is a step away from being sat, unless we can see definitive improvement. I don't think we are at the point where we sit Yandle, but I don't think that his play has endeared him to added time in key situations, either. And if the same issues pop up game to game, or season to season - either management is not emphasizing what they would like to see improve or the player is not doing enough to work on these aspects. Given our management over the past few years, I'm leaning towards the former being less of an issue and the latter being the case. That's the only evidence that I can speak to, albeit it does not mean that I am presenting what is really happening.

I am probably being too hard on his game, but I'm also a big believer in good defense creating better offensive opportunities, and not the other way around.