View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I think it's going to be tough for Redden to crack this line up if everyone's healthy. Cole is really the only realistic player he could replace, and he's been playing very solid. Multiple great outlet passes, strong in his own zone, really using his big frame to separate players from the puck, and I think most importantly for him 0 PIMs. I really don't want him replaced at this point.
Redden WILL be playing semi-regularly. He wasn't signed to knock Cole out of the lineup. He was signed to provide depth to be able to rotate the lower 5 defencemen, so that Jackman can get enough rest, and the others can remain fresh through the compressed schedule, and so there is no large dropoff in skill, talent and experience when multiple injuries hit. He should play 30-37 games, and 16-18 min. per game during the regular season. Less in the playoffs if no one is hurt. More in the playoffs, if there is one or if there are more injuries.

No one on this forum or on The Blues' coaching staff wants Redden to keep Cole from playing.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote