View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 01:07 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

vCash: 500
kadri is a beauty, he is going to be a very good player its more or less how good can he be? I am watching him in limited minutes mostly PP hes playing very well. I think Carlyle just wants to put him in situations to succeed and its paying off, good for his confidence.

i think this is the new way to be a maple leaf, no one questions this mentality in places like Detroit, or Anaheim. Going through the minors having to prove your better than the NHL plug ins and earn your spot so you will know how to prepare for a season. I think a lot of guys who go straight into the NHL have sophmore slumps, or are not as effective as these players. And lets not forget Getzlaf and Perry who were brought up this way, having to earn your spot is good for a proud organization like this, it will soon be "the leafs are this good and are so deep in the farm" instead of "how aren't these prospects in the NHL".

I think the reason Kadri was always scrutinized because he wasn't Brayden Schenn. You knew the whole fanbase wanted Schenn, everyone wanted Schenn and Burke was gonna get him. Instead we got offensively gifted Kadri who has almost identical numbers and is playing at a very high level, i think the hate for him will go away soon enough. I am just hoping he isn't traded for Luongo and it so far looks as he wont be which is so good for this organization.

/end rant