View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Rocket of Russia
Needs more Tang

vCash: 500
I thought Timonen looked off in his first two games. I think that has a lot to do with what appears to be the Flyers trouble moving the puck, and also having an effective PP. There were moments when normally Timonen easily holds the line on a PP, but in the first two games, he didn't, and the puck movement suffered because of it.

Once he gets his feet and hands back I think the breakouts get a little easier, some pressure will come off Schenn, and you notice less time spent chasing players in the defensive end and more time possessing the puck (although to be fair I don't know if that helps the problems discussed about the other defensive pairings).

As for the PP, I think Timonen is just fine at the other point. After Giroux's PP bomb against the Sabres (very reminiscent of his goal over Brodeur last year) teams are going to have to cheat on that PP, much like they do against Stamkos, and one can hope Timonen will have enough extra time to get pucks through to the net...with Hartnell and Simmonds there in front.

Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote