View Single Post
01-22-2013, 01:18 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
We obviously have some nice prospects on the defensive side of the ledger. The thing is that prospects rarely get you much, even highly touted prospects. Not until they get at least a couple of years under their belts where they show that they can do it in the NHL. They can still have some rough edges, or 'room to grow' as people like to say, but they need to show something before they are worth much of anything.

You all would be shocked if you saw how little any of those prospects would bring back in an actual trade. And a pretty stupid use of assets for a team that has Crosby from age 25 on through the remainder of his career. Our window is not closing any time soon. Trade seasoned assets as we move cheap rookies into their spots when ready.
Agree with everything except the last sentence has me a little confused. Which seasoned assets do you mean? I don't see much we can get rid of that would yield anything in return.

On a general note: Does anyone else have a much more grounded opinion of our D prospects since that HF article came out? Morrow is having trouble scoring and has been a healthy scratch on several occasions??? Dumoulin has been a frequent healthy scratch?? Both those guys were supposed to have minor chances at making the team, especially Morrow. Pouliot and Maata are unknown commodities right now, so we're not left with nearly as much to trade as I think people assume. Believe me I'm sure Morrow and Dumoulin can improve and they are young, but according to that HF article the Penguin/Pittsburgh media went WAY overboard and REALLY jumped the gun as far as stating what we had.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote