View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I think the only way Ryan and Selanne will work is if they have a center that can control the play himself and they can play off of him. Selanne's greatest asset is his play AWAY from the puck he needs someone that can get it to him. It's going to be a challenge to find a center that can play with them, I do however think skill-wise, Hollands talent fits with them. it's gonna be a work in progress
Agreed that its going to be very tough to find a center for them. It's not hard to see why Selanne and Ryan struggle to find chemistry. Selanne seems to feed more off of speed. Ryan isn't ideal for that type of play. I think you're right when you say they need a center who can carry the play. Bonino is a smart player but his physical limitations will keep him from ever being someone who can carry the play IMO. Holland is better in that aspect but I think Selanne and Ryan also need someone who is very defensive responsible, which Bonino is. Not sure how Holland is in that aspect. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Rakkel get a shift between the two. I'm not really saying bench Bonino but i do believe its time to see Holland and out of all the centers, Bonino is playing the worst so i wouldn't mind seeing Holland next game instead of him.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote