View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 12:38 AM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
If you read the quote, he says it's pending due to the other team having to make a move first.

Bryzgalov is the only obvious candidate. Philadelphia hasn't been mentioned other than a brief one or two day period, so I could see them fitting the description. The Flyers aren't going to move Couturier for Luongo. Schneider? Maybe, but not a goaltender that's getting on in age and has a somewhat dubious contract. Voracek would fit this team like a glove. Big, playmaking winger that could really complement Kesler and Booth on the second line.

From the other quotes about Gillis wanting to give youngsters a chance next year, I think he has faith that Schroeder can fill the third line void long-term. Gaunce isn't likely to be ready and we're not exactly rich with young centres. I hope the kid impresses in the next month or so.
Well that's one way to shut me down quick. I'd love if our ownership was willing to eat the Bryz contract in a buyout if we got the pieces we want coming back the other way. Get the Philly Owner to pressure the GM into something?